Friday, November 19, 2010

birds on the balcony

This morning was another in a long line of episodes of pigeons invading my balcony.  The poor plastic owl that I have out there to discourage the birds seems to have no effect, and I suspect the pigeons make fun of him.  I don't know why the sound of bird wings is so incredibly irritating to me, but it is.  Add in any vocalization from the damn birds and I find myself longing for either a shotgun or a handful of tranquilizers.  Ultimately, I stood out on the balcony flapping my arms around imitating a demented scarecrow.  That seems to have scared them off for the time being...or until tomorrow.

On the positive side of my life, today I sent the contract in for the book to be published. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I sent mine in yesterday.

    You need a Spooky baby air-delivered next spring to get dem pigeons.

    ReplyDelete