Sunday, December 19, 2010

Santa's Workshop is in my living room

I feel like an elf.  An elf who crochets.  An elf who crochets like a madwoman.  I have crocheted so much in preparation for Christmas I even dream about crochet projects now.  And wake up in a panic that I haven't finished that project before I remember it was only a project in a dream.  I've truly never had so much fun making gifts--fun which totally outweighs the craziness.  And the only reason there is craziness is that I didn't realize just how long everything would take to finish.

The way I am dealing with an extra amount of crochet time is to watch Christmas movies I have recorded on my DVR, while I crochet.  I now have them all memorized so I don't have to actually watch them very much, just listen to them ;)  If I try to watch movies I've never seen before, I get too involved in looking at the screen and forget to continue with my crochet.  I do love the old movies.  White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street, The Bishop's Wife - these are all the older versions, no remakes.  And all the Harry Potter movies up through #6.  So if you are someone who receives one of my crochet projects this year, know that I thoroughly enjoyed the adventure.  Happy Holidays to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment